Life begins at Forty – apparently? Heard this saying many a time. As I spend my last few days in my thirties, I am so very grateful for everything. Gratitude really is the best attitude. I started a 30 day countdown to my birthday over on Instagram and shared daily gratitude images and thoughts. If you love Instgram as much as me, you will know how wonderful it is to see all the memories as beautiful images.
So today’s blog post is both reflective of the past and grateful for the future. My thirties was an interesting decade … divorce, single mum with 2 young children, lost my Mum, left corporate life, started my own business, fell in love all over again, went on many adventures, moved house – you know, the stuff called life?! However, everything that has happened has made me the person I am today. And for that I am grateful. Gratitude is my word of the year – I wrote about it here.
In 2 days time, I will be a forty-year-old mum of 2 beautiful children, owner of a foster cat and laugh mate to my soul mate. All of which I am grateful for and can’t wait to enter the new decade with them.
Inspired by the lovely Lizzie, author of The 52 List, and a crazy guy called Mick, I decided to write a list of 40 things I would like to do during my first year as a forty year old. There are some crazy things, but things I would either like to do again, or new things I have never done. Things that will make me happy and things that will continue to make me grateful for everything I have.
So here goes!
- Yorkshire 3 Peaks
- Spa day with the girls
- Visit India
- Catch a fish
- Selfie with a famous person
- Get another tattoo
- Climb Ben Nevis
- Visit New York
- Go back to the South African restaurant in Camden (Shaka Zulu)
- Write a letter to my Mum
- Go clothes shopping in London (daaaaaling!)
- Roadtrip around the UK with my bestie
- Switch my phone off for a week
- Help out in a homeless kitchen
- Paint a picture
- Write a book
- Fly a kite
- Bake a cake
- Buy a teapot and tea cups and have a tea party
- Have afternoon tea
- Go to a casino
- Yoga retreat
- Plant a rose bush for my Mum
- Sort through my old photo’s and videos of the kids
- Sleep under the stars
- Walk along the beach at sunset with my bestie
- Enjoy a bottle of Sancerre
- Go to the Theatre
- Bodyboard in the sea
- See my Dad and have a pint with him
- Stay in bed all day
- Have a night out at Pink Punters
- Have a European weekend city break with my bestie
- Have a family holiday
- Be financially free
- Do a public speaking gig to inspire others
- Buy fresh flowers every week
- Write a letter to my Dad
- Visit Buckingham Palace
- Go Coasteering again!
40 things to do whilst in my forties! Simplz. And I have put it out there, so no going back! Oh and laugh and be grateful EVERYDAY! I love this quote and image from Maya Angelou – beautiful!
What are you grateful for today?
Live, love and laugh…